LNSC takes the health and well-being of our swimmers, coaches, volunteers and family members extremely seriously.
We are monitoring the Coronavirus situation carefully and will be following Public Health England (PHE) and Swim England advice at all times.
At present the Government has not closed schools or restricted school activity and therefore Swim England do not see any reason why clubs should not continue with their training programmes in their own environment within the guidelines of the facility.
Guidance received by Swim England is that Water and Chlorine within Swimming Pools will help kill the virus.
Therefore our current training schedule remains unchanged at the time of writing.
However the Senior Winter League Gala (Round 3) on 21st March , and the Diddy League Gala (Round 1) on 28th March has been cancelled because this involves more than one club and clubs from cross county borders.
It is probable that there will be further disruption as we move through the coming weeks and months.
We are constantly reviewing the situation and will issue more updates as and when they become available.
This will be communicated via email, our website and social media.
We would like to ask all members to read and follow the latest PHE advice relating to Covid-19 – coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
This is updated regularly and will be the most up to date information.
Please also read the NHS advice about how you can help reduce the spread of infection NHS coronavirus-covid-19 Guidance
- wash your hands with soap and water regularly – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get to training and shower before and after training
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill
- touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- attend training if you are unwell, have a fever and/or cough
- spray pool water from your mouth
If you have a chronic condition or consider yourself in a vulnerable group then please seek medical advice if concerned.
Please continue to monitor our social media and the website regularly for updates to training and further information.
Thank you for your support.